Are you trustworthy?
Sounds like a simple question to answer doesn’t it? For some, it is simply a matter of whether or not they can go into a convenience store and not swipe a piece of gum or a candy bar. Trustworthiness goes far beyond of being mature enough not to steal.
Trustworthiness is sometimes called by other names, but it really boils down to one word as the root: TRUST.
Trust encompasses reliability, accountability, integrity, and others. Basically, what it boils down to is:
- Are you going to do what you said you are going to do?
- Did you do what you told me you did?
- Are you reporting accurate numbers?
- Are you doing what you’re supposed to be doing?
- Are you the same person outside of the office as you are at the office?
- Do you own up to your own mistakes?
- Do you correct those mistakes?
- Do you show up to work on-time or early?
- Do you expect the same for yourself as you do for your team?
- Do you bill your clients accurately?
So, I ask you again, are YOU trustworthy? It isn’t too late to make a change and correct anything you are doing wrong. Fix it now and become the leader you and others want you to be. You will be amazed at the change in your team’s attitudes!
I’m proud of you for making a difference!!!